Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back From Hiatus

So, the last week or so has been pretty hectic - Erin graduated from law school, and I've been staying up in Minneapolis with Amy, helping her pack and getting everything together for the move to Dubuque. I just found out from my preceptor that I can start a few weeks early, and get some time in with the current resident to ease my transition. Plus, it means I will actually get to make some money, too...which will be nice considering the current state of my funds. Not pretty...

Tomorrow we head back to Omaha to pack all my things up, and we have 3 days, so I'm not thinking it's going to be very hectic at all. Then, we are renting a U-Haul and dragging the Sunfire back to Minnesota, and finally packing all of Amy's things up and will be on our way to Dubuque next Tuesday. Can't wait to check out the new apartment, we're just hoping it's done in time... Looking forward to using the 42'' TV and the rooftop patio!

I ran across the profile page of a guy I graduated from high school with, Steve Garrington. Apparently he's the bassist for the Retribution Gospel Choir, and is currently on tour in Spain with the band. They've played at SXSW in Austin and are under contract witih SubPop records, which I think is pretty impressive. I listened to a few of their songs and they're pretty awesome! They're opening for Wilco for a few of their next shows. Here's the link to one of their songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-r7aRBRHI

Just impressive to see fellow Ashlanders(?) doing well!

Another note of interest is that Amy is finally signed up for classes for next fall at UW-Platteville. We looked at all the classes she has to take as pre-reqs for PA school and sort of put together a mock schedule for the next two years. She also looked at quite a few schools, but is pretty set on wanting to go to Augsburg, since it's in the Twin Cities. However, there are 140 schools across the country, and more opening up next year, so I'm not too worried about her getting in. The nice thing about a pharmacy job is that I shouldn't have too hard of a time finding a job, no matter where she ends up.

We also are heading over to her friends' house in Shakopee tonight for a dinner with a few couples, and then stopping by my sister's in Eden Prairie to pick up a chair and TV stand being donated to us by her for our new place. Coupled with the couch we bought off Craigslist we should have a nice setup in the living room.

One other thing we've been discussing a lot is the unbelievable amount we're going to try to cram into our weekends this summer. Just about every weekend from now through the end of summer is already booked with either a trip to one of our cabins, a visit from family, a trip to Chicago, or a trip to Minneapolis. Sure hope neither of us has much in the way of either homework or research for our classes/residency that we have to get done on the weekends! I wouldn't have it any other way, however - it's going to be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment