Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The workout "high"

Ahhh! I just finished my protein shake following a great workout, and the endorphin rush is in full effect. What a great feeling it is to push your body physically and see a change take place over a period of time. With the type of workouts I'm doing, and the healthy diet I've been abiding by, I feel like I can already see a change...I know that is likely wishful thinking, but even if it's in my head, it's going to motivate me to continue to workout at this pace. Not to say that I've gotten fanatical about it, but just that it's become a more important part of my life as of late. And it feels good!
Other good news rolled in today - I was emailed by the coordinator at the Cub/SuperValu pharmacy residency, and they want to see if I'd like to interview with their program site in Philadelphia. Of course, there's only one position there, too, but if it gives me another shot at getting the type of residency I want, then I most likely should probably go ahead and go for it! Not that I really am in the mood to fly to Philly in the next month, but that's what I'd have to do. So we'll see, I emailed them back to let them know I was interested in finding out more about their program.


Tomorrow I'll be back on the road, and I feel better knowing I'll have AAA on my side at last! Up to Minnesota for my interview Friday (Wabasha, MN) and Monday (Eau Claire), and a weekend with the family. We have reservations for the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre on Sat night, which I'm looking forward to - dinner and a play, what a great idea! It's supposed to be pretty funny performance, so I'm excited about the prospects of laughing some wine up my nose at some point.
Today happened to be National Signing Day in college football, and, like always, Wisconsin's class was not highly ranked by national scouts. However, as is the case with their basketball team, intelligent, well-coached athletes often trump over those more athletic yet undisciplined. Hopefully that will continue to be the case for Wisky. Though neither team has or likely will win a national championship in the near future, both teams are consistently solid-to-excellent, if not exceedingly "exciting to watch" on the field or court - that is, unless winning's your thing...  :)
Well, I have laundry to do, as well as packing, plus a little research for my preceptor tomorrow, and the night is flying by. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: