Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The thrill of victory!

As I sit here watching the women's downhill at the Vancouver Olympics, I still find it amazing that my stepmom, Coke, participated in the Los Angeles Summer Games in the early 80s in handball...who cares if very few Americans have any idea what handball is, fact is, Coke can always say she was an Olympian, and you can't take that away from her! It was awesome to watch Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso go 1-2 in the downhill, and just watching skiing makes me so jealous - I miss racing downhill so much. I also can't wait until I make it to my first Winter Olympics - obviously, as a spectator, but who cares? Probably not Sochi, Russia, in 4 years, but in 8? We'll see...


Anyway, the past weekend was a crazy whirlwind of hanging out with my brother Dane in Madison, meeting Amy's mom for the first time, and then fighting off sickness to bang out 5 different residency interviews with University of Iowa-associated sites in two days' time. Coming out of them, it's tough to say which I'd enjoy the most - they were all THAT good - but it is possible that I could end up in Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Mt Vernon, Davenport, or Iowa City, IA this coming summer. The important thing is that I think each of them, though slightly different, would prepare me well for a career in community-ambulatory pharmacy, as well as help me work on my teaching, public speaking, and research skills!

My new rotation began today, Cardiology, with one of the most intense professors at Creighton. I already have homework for tomorrow (a drug review on a drug of my choice) that I still have to work on - so off I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment